Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 2012 Consecration

I'll admit, I am a bit annoyed right now.

The entire women's ministry was suddenly put on a consecration for the next three weeks. For those who didn't find out from last night... well, they'll find out tomorrow after morning service.

God is so wise.. all-knowing, omnipresent... so it's not surprising that he has some slick moves. Instructed by our 1st Lady, we put 5 favorite things on an index card.

Mine are:
1) ruffles and lace
2) video games
3) cake
4) [Person of significant importance here]
5) music

As we talked about our favorite things among each other, we were handed a sheet. Reading the word 'consecration' we went "WHAT???"

A consecration of our 5 favorite things? For three weeks??? God, what are you thinking???

1st Lady began to explain what was spoken to her and why we were doing this. We have an outreach event on July 13th that is supposed to be really big and this was our preparation for it. But how could we minister to people if we ourselves are not right and still acting in sin?

I started to understand where this was coming from.

During Pentecost we were challenged with a 10-day water-only fast. Miraculously I made it through the fast without breaking it, and it felt very edifying. At the same time, a while after I realized that I never made the most of the fast.I prayed, I read scripture, but I failed to really look at myself and what I needed to change about myself, and what I expect from myself in the future, and what God's plan for me is. When First Sunday came along and it was time for Communion, I felt heavy with conviction having realized this.

Not only that, but it was very hard to keep myself under control once we started eating again. I was not able to keep our weekly liquid fasts on Tuesday, and only this past week was I able to finally control my desire for salt and sweets and tone down my eating habits to something much healthier. Feelings flared up that I easily submitted to... just a huge mess. At the end of the day, what was that all for?


Two weeks ago I had gotten the command to do another fast personally.. but I've been procrastinating on it because my body feels like it can't/won't cut back on food like it did last month. What happened to me?


So, this consecration will most likely do more than great. The only issue is that I'm so attached to my clothing and my music... and I can't wear anything with ruffles and lace (read: 99% of my closet) and I can't listen to any secular music... time to borrow clothes and download more Godly tunes.

Along with those, I'm also pushing to severely cut my internet time so I don't end up playing video games online, or listen to things that aren't of God. Goodbye for now, Sims Social, goodbye, Youtube subscriptions. Goodbye to most of Facebook and most of my friends in general because I am not trying to cuss during this time, or be angry or feel a certain way. These next 3 weeks are me-and-God time. I'll also be praying for the actual fast He wanted me to do, and while I'm at it, I'll also be trying to push myself to be more motivated and more active, by working on fitness, serious scripture studying, and going out to appreciate life and my surroundings, or SOMETHING. Something to keep me from going insane in my own room. Haha.

So.. good luck to me. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment