Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Consecration, Day 4

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

(Psalms 139:23-24)
_________________________________


There is something about asking God to search your insides. It's a way of surrendering; while He already knows what is in our hearts and in our minds, I feel that there is something about letting yourself go so He can work in you.

Surrender and Submission-- two things I had to learn as I was tarrying for the holy spirit. A lot of the time those two terms are seen as something negative. When you think of surrendering your heart and mind, you think of brainwashing. I had to learn that it is anything but.

This is what I love about my faith that some don't understand. It's never brainwashing when it's done in righteousness, as it should. (Sadly, you have those who think they're doing right by forcing faith upon others.) No matter what, you'll always have free will. God gave that to his creatures and he will not take that away. Every step you take is ultimately your choice to do so. If I don't want God to do anything for me? Then he won't. He'll just be there waiting for me to say 'Yes.' (But obviously I'm not trying to just sit around and be spiritually dead in the meantime~)

So with surrendering and submitting myself, I'm telling the Lord, God, you know what's in there; here I am, you know what's best, help me remove any impurities and strengthen all the good parts. Strengthen my spirit-man, help be conquer the very things that used to oppress me. Continue to work on me God, I look forward to the day where I am no longer a 'work-in-progress', but a complete masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment